Monday, March 19, 2012

They Are In the Ignition

As I was talking to a friend today she asked me what made me stay in my abusive relationships. For those of you unfamiliar with my background on this, I have a habit of choosing boyfriends very unwisely. The abuse varied from mental, emotional, sexual and physical abuse. These happened quite awhile ago and I am more than happy to talk with people and share my experiences so that they are more educated about how to prevent and stop it when it happens.
I could spew all kinds of psychological garbage about my family and how I grew up and all of that. And in a way that is always true since those things influence us in a huge way but as I spent the day pondering our chat I thought to myself, could it be that my stubborn nature is the biggest factor. That thought that I have put all this time and effort into something and I won’t have it fail now. I shake my tiny virtual fist in the air and hope the universe hears me.
It is the same thing that prevents me from posting in the blog when the writing isn’t “perfect” or from cleaning if I can’t get it “all” done. Sometimes we have to take what we can get and do what we can and hope the universe actually responds to that. So every day I try and clean one thing and be happy with what I did accomplish.  
I was explaining this project of mine to another friend today and he said “I hope that you don’t run out of things to be grateful for but I don’t think you will.” So far I agree completely. I am happily finding all kinds of things to be grateful for in my world.

Three things that I am grateful for today…

1. Perkins. Sounds odd I know. But today was a busy and stressful day and neither of us wanted to cook. Our waitress was super nice and we had a quiet stress free meal. I am glad there is some place in the area that serves food after 8pm.
2. AAA. Man those folks are awesome. I never have a bad phone call with them or have anyone angry or rude talk to me. The guy came and unlocked my  car fast and politely and I was on my way. That $70 is a good investment every year.
3. Funny neighbors. We rode up the elevator with our next store neighbor and he overheard us talking about something. He giggled a bit and smiled and when I smiled back he said “Yeah, I know lots of people like that.” We were talking about unhappy people who want to be miserable. I am happy that we are not like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment