Monday, March 19, 2012

Piano

I was so tired last night that I forgot to post so I hope this is alright. While at the parade on Saturday my father and brother somehow convinced my other half that it was a good idea to come over on Sunday and help them move a piano. Quick back story… My father lives in a ginormous Victorian house in the country which needs to have the hardwood refinished. The piano actually belongs to my mother and has been living with my dad for a long time. So the timing seems to work perfectly. The idea was to move the piano directly into the pickup truck and out my mom’s but the brake line broke and needs to be fixed before said piano can be loaded. So, into the garage goes the piano. My dad does not lift things after he slipped a disc a few years back but does like to be involved in the processes. Every time we do something like this as a family I feel like I am watching my life being narrated by Jene Sheperd. I don’t know if you have ever moved a piano before but they are very large and not exactly weighted to be moveable. The process actually went better than any of us expected although I never thought that I would hear myself say to my father “get your head out from under the damn piano!” while it was on a ramp. Things I am grateful for today…

1. Time with my family. Even if sometimes families can drive you crazy they still get things about you that no one else does.
2. Test driving trucks with the boyfriend. This is his first vehicle that he will own. Kind of cool to relive that experience.
3. How awesome and well behaved my dog is. While my niece is the coolest person that I know I can imagine that for an eleven year old dog it can be a lot of action hanging out with a four year old for two days in a row. Bella takes everything that happens in stride.

I told my mom that one day I would write a book about our family. She asked me change the names or let her know so that she could move and change hers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment